BoltHold asphalt anchors have been used to secure industrial storage racks against earthquakes and against accidental bumping by forklifts. As a rule, lighter shelving needs heavier anchors, because the weight of the shelving provide by itself resistance against accidental bumping. For earthquake protection the heavier anchors will likely perform better. Please consult a professional engineer when attempting to meet local safety codes.
- Shelving must be stable with and without the merchandize on it.
- Shelf vertical posts must have heavy duty mounting plates on the bottom.
- The plates distribute the weight over a larger area of the asphalt to prevent sinking.
- Anchors must be installed under the mounting plates.
- Use SP18 or SP58. The SP10 or SP12 bolts do not have adequate shear capacity.